Monday, August 4, 2008

Noah and The Whale - 5 Years


Happy Monday folks and today we have a fairly new single for ya' from London's Noah and the Whale. Once I heard their sound, I frantically searched movie soundtracks...trying to remember where I originally heard that distinguishable sound. Wes Anderson (Bottle Rocket, Royal Tennenbaums) classics? No. Noah Baumbach's (The Squid and the Whale, Margot At the Wedding) melancholy comedies? No. Jason Reitman works or maybe in Smart People? Nope and nope. So, if any of you know where I heard them before, help me stop racking my brain and let me know what movie it may have been.

Noah and the Whale are on tour right now, slated for well over two dozen gigs across Europe. Given their recent buzz among blogs and their record label shooting me numerous press packs the past week, I finally took the time to click "play" on their new video. The problem with watching one video is catastrophic events that follow: more watching and watching and watching...let's just say if you're at work right now or if you ShOuLd be doing something constructive, these videos can easily throw you off schedule. I don't have the time now, but I'm guessing that researching the thoughts and trivia behind their videos will reveal some more quirkiness about the characters in the band.

Amazing Video #1: Keep your eyes posted for Casey Affleck's twin and new dance moves


Amazing Video #2: Any Royal Tennenbaum similarities present?


Noah and the Whale are releasing their new album, Peaceful The World Lays Me Down in just a short time from Universal records. The full album is not available yet in the U.S. but if you can't wait, a trip to Amazon's UK store should do the trick. If you're into Vampire Weekend, Boy Least Likely To, The Moldy Peaches (Juno), Laura Marling and springtime whistling, you'll enjoy Noah and the Whale's new album featuring their single "5 Years Time (Sun Sun Sun)."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this song. It is on some commercial--I think for a car.