Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Max Fischer goes Coconut Records

"Maybe I'm spending too much of my time starting up clubs and putting on plays. I should probably be trying harder to score chicks." - Max Fischer

Do you remember the rebellious Max Fisher and his plethora of hit plays at Rushmore Academy? Another Wes Anderson classic and one of my favorite movies featuring Jason Schwartzman, Bill Murray, Luke Wilson, Mr. Little Jeans and more. Nope...no Owen Wilson in this film, but he did co-write it with Anderson. The soundtracks that Anderson compiles always seem to impress even the savviest music guru. And now, it seems he may have another amazing album to sort through...this time with close connections.

So what has Jason Schwartzman been up to since the success of Rushmore, his previous band Phantom Planet, I Heart Huckabees, Shopgirl, and scoring with Natalie Portman (at least on screen) in The Darjeeling Limited? Don't forget, he did play Ringo Starr in the Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. I've been reading up on his new endeavor for the past year and finally received a few songs. It's easy to hear that Schwartzman has once again found success apart from his acting career.

Coconut Records, Schwartzman's musical project, released a wonderfully composed 12-track album titled Nighttiming a bit back on Young Baby Records.

Coconut Records - Nighttiming



"I was punched in the face. What's your excuse?" - Max Fischer

1 comment:

heather said...

I love Coconut Records.