Friday, December 5, 2008

A cold day in Boulder

The snow is finally here and the Colorado temps are starting to reflect what a winter should bring. In fact, it's finally cold enough that I've worn socks and shoes to work and not flip flops for the first time since the summer (business meeting days excluded!). I'm not complaining. The above photo is what I get to see on my ride/drive to work every morning after a nice snowfall just as the sun glances off of the great Flatirons.

Anywhoo, not much going on today except for a lazy winter Friday full of three cups of Peppermint Celestial Seasonings tea and two cups of joe...and some songs needed to warm up the coldness that is upon us. Keep your eyes peeled on The Mountain Tempo next week - I've just received a nice gift from Legacy Recordings that I must let a reader win next week. What is the prize? It involves a great performance and previously unissued moments from a momentous occasion in music history.

Enjoy some songs for a mild weekend ahead.
Bodie

Ray Lamontagne - Winter Birds

Calexico - Corona

Marlena Shaw - California Soul (remixed)

1 comment:

Leah said...

so fitting, these three.

marlena shaw hints at my childhood with phoebe snow. good memories.