Monday, March 9, 2009

I'm back and after a week of bounding and bouncing in the Teton-Bridger forrests, I'm sore and ready to sit down for some more tunes. The 8 hour drive wasn't as bad as you'd think especially when you're noticing the vast plains of Wyoming errupting into the jagged young ranges that make the Teton range so notorious with a great soundtrack backing me up. So what was I listening to during the drive? Joe Pug, Josh Ritter, Vampire Weekend, lots of Frightened Rabbit, Bon Iver on repeat, Sam Cooke, Raphael Saadiq and Justin Townes Earle. And let me not forget the multiple times I played Johnny Flynn.

I've recently been on this Americana, old-tyme music kick. The music that perfectly accompanies a relaxing porch afternoon or a warm spring day in the backwoods of Yellowstone and Teton-Bridger. Dusting off albums with Cooke, Dylan, Van Zandt, Nelson as well as the barrage of young gunslingers like Joe Pug, Justin Townes Earle and Johnny Flynn (all of whom I've previously posted on in case you need to dig up the Mountain Tempo archives). Ironically, La Blogotheque greeted me with a session of Mr. Flynn mid-week during a needed snowfall. There I lay in the nook of a loft on the hillside watching the fog lay over the Tetons with Flynn strolling "The Box" through a bodega Take Away Session. Give it about two minutes to warm up and you'll see a great Flynn session.

No comments: