Friday, August 29, 2008

Nice work Black Crowes...I mean, Pink Floyd

OK, I'm not saying The Black Crowes did or did not aim to honor Pink Floyd. All I'm saying is that it's a bit similar. And by a 'bit,' I mean very similar. And by 'very similar,' I mean damn near. And, by damn near, I mean "Oh really, Black Crowes!?!"

Yesterday, I was monitoring a music channel we produce and on came The Black Crowes with "Oh Josephine" from their album Warpaint. All songs on this album were written and published by the Robinson duo. Keep in mind I have nothing against the Robinson family, though I was sorely let down to realize my favorite song the Crowes sing is actually a cover. Anywhoo...near the end of "Oh Josephine" I recognized a vary familiar riff.

Take a listen to the two samples and I'll let you judge.

1. The Black Crowes - Oh Josephine - 2008

2. Pink Floyd - Fearless - 1983

OH REALLY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crowes cover Fearless on the road. I don't hear it.....