Monday, April 20, 2009

Old Crow debuts a new video

I'd hesitate to call Old Crow Medicine Show a country band. Screw it, I wouldn't. But, last time I called something on this blog with a tinge of "newgrass" or non-traditional sounds accompanying traditional bluegrass as actual "bluegrass," I got an earful. Anywhoo...maybe Old Crow are scream-o hard rock since they use amps and hollar a lot on stage.

It's been out for some time, but the accompanying video for "Caroline" is now ready for your viewing pleasure

My comments? Eh. I LOVE this band. The most energy I've ever seen on stage was watching Old Crow deafen the audio engineers ears at Boulder Theater...twice. This video is just ok and though it IS for CMT viewers, I prefer the more rompin' stompin' version of OCMS that I have become drawn to. More along the lines of this


And it certainly isn't as Joe Cool as the laid-back-swagger video for their Dylan ballad which put them on the map


Ketch, Willie, Morgan, Critter, Kevin and Gill are on tour now supporting Dave Matthews for a few shows and also appearing with another Mountain Tempo favorite on others-Justin Townes Earle! Nope, they're not coming to Colorado either. FML.

No comments: