Thursday, October 30, 2008

Hell Yes I Lykke Her!

So I'm not the kind of guy to have a celebrity crush and talk about it. But, let's just say I HAD to be that guy for a day and let's just say that I had to choose someone outside of Rachel Bilson, Kate Beckinsale and Kristen Wiig. Lykke Li (real name: Li Lykke Timotej Zachrisson), a young Swedish music vixen at the age of 22, is kicking some serious ass in the music industry as of late. And how do you pronounce it? Lykke Li --> (say this fast: "Youk-uh-Lee" with a small silentish "L" tucked just after the 'Y' in 'Youk')...pretty easy actually.

Lykke Li - Dance Dance Dance

Videos of her performing with artists young and old are now clogging up YouTube and she's even been doing a few projects with some of my favorites. How do I choose just one to show you, among dozens that are worth of your eyes? I don't. I let you waste some of your work day here by showing you the three Lykke Li videos I think you should see to familiarize you with my crush.

1. Lykke Li's acoustic live version of "I'm Good I'm Gone" with Robyn, members from The Shout Out Louds, The Concretes and a few more. See the produced music video here.


2. Lykke Li with another street performance...this time singing "Dance, Dance, Dance" with Bon Iver and Co.


3. Recently tipped off by one of my favorite blogs, I found out Lykke Li just covered Vampire Weekend's "Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa" in Paris while throwing a bit of her own flare and songs in there.

No comments: